About the role
Join a small and mighty team of designers at Supernormal working on pulling the future of work closer to the present. Each designer here is responsible for saving people thousands of hours of manual work every month, and we’re just getting warmed up.
As a product designer, you’ll focus on building on and evolving our client apps including our macOS app, web app, and Chrome extension through the lens of our customers. You’ll work closely with our engineers, machine learning team, and other product designers to deliver incredible customer experiences.
What you’ll work on
- You’ll work with engineers, product managers, and other designers to deliver high quality experiences for our customers across all of our surfaces, including: Chrome extension, macOS app, and web app.
- You’ll iterate through ideas with the founders and speak with customers to give shape to the things we build.
- You’ll approach problems through the eyes of our customers and advocate for their needs throughout the product development process.
- You’ll support product, business, and customer operations by building internal tooling when needed.
- You’ll work with our frontend engneers to build and maintain Supernormal’s design system.
What we’ll expect of you
- A collaborative and open outlook — we’re all about lifting each other up and getting better every day. You should be, too.
- A willingness to get deep into a problem even when it seems impossible. You’ll always have support from the team.
- Confidence operating with high agency. We’ll work together to decide what’s important, but we’d love for you to bring (and build!) your own ideas.
- You’ll come in willing to learn why things are the way they are, then suggest a better way.
- You’ll approach code review through a “how can the team level up?” lens — let’s all get better, together.
What you can expect from us
- The team’s full support. We’re a friendly bunch and are happy to pair, talk through, or otherwise assist any time.
- Honest and timely feedback. We’re all better when we can have candid conversations about what is and isn’t working.
- A deep willingness to listen to your ideas: how can the codebase, our product, or team be better?
- A respect for your time outside of work. We all work hard here, but we never forget to rest and have fun.
We know that interviewing is a deeply tiring and time consuming experience. To that end, we’d try to simplify our conversations as much as possible. Here’s what that looks like:
- Intro: you’ll speak to a founder to discuss the role, your experience, and what working at Supernormal is like.
- Hiring manager chat: you’ll meet this role’s manager. They’ll help give you an overview of our team, roadmap, and dig a bit deeper into your past experience.
- Portfolio review: you’ll walk us through two projects you led or were deeply involved with. We’ll want to hear about how you approached the problem you set out to solve and the outcome of your approach.
- Close: you’ll meet with another member of the team or two to chat through culture, your concerns or questions, and your ideas for Supernormal’s future.
Sound like a fit?
We’d love to hear from you. We’re happy to receive applications at all skill levels, though please note that Supernormal is fully distributed. We’d gently suggest looking at other opportunities if remote work isn’t quite for you.